Tuesday, August 9, 2011

1st roller set = BIG & SOFT hair!

Helloooo,


Ok so I am in the process of trying out new styles because I start school soon and need something new and spicy for my hair and low maintenance, I suffer from the lazies during school time ;). And also my father told me if I walked out the house in another plain bun he would stop buying hair products! Soooo as I am a self diagnosed 'product junkie' I quickly hopped to the challenge before my precious products were taken away!!
So my first new thing I tried this week was a roller set without heat/air drying over night in those big clunky rollers!
So I guess I'll explain my process and throw in some pictures :)

1) I co-washed my hair (since this was a spur of the moment thing my hair was already shampooed a couple days earlier)
2) I washed in four sections so I let those sections dry a little first
3) After about a hour or two, partially due to laziness (sigh), I applied Neutrogena Silk touch leave in conditioner and combed through it
4) After I applied the leave in I parted my hair in three sections, mohawk style, and split the side sections in two.
5)I took the middle section and applied a LITTLE of lotta body setting lotion and Chi Silk Infusion Serum for added shine
6)I than proceeded to roll my hair.
7) I repeated step #4 for each section of hair. Of course spraying water if the sections became dry.
Here's a picture of the Finished rollers :)




After what seemed like forever, in reality 2 hours due to phone calls and 'breaks', I was done. I sprayed my rolled hair with a little water. I don't know why it just seemed like a good idea at the time? lol... The boyfriend came over and I proceeded with my night. I let it dry without a scarf for about 4 hours and than before bed I put my scarf on and 'tried' to fit them into TWO bonnets.
Before getting ready for the next day I removed the scarf and bonnets and sprayed a little hair spray around my head (hair spray cloud if you will). I than took out the rollers with Carol's Daughter Hair Balm and it resulted in this.....

It was really BIG, fluffy and soft! I was really shocked at the outcome and softness. I loved it but knew this would not last the outdoor rainy mess that was going on. So I pulled it in a low ponytail and it was THE SOFTEST my hair has been from technically air drying over night. I took out the ponytail when I got home to show my daddy and he LOVED it! He loves when my hair is thick and curly! So I proceeded to work my daughter magic and tell him that I would make this a staple style but that it would turn out MUCH MUCH better if I had the bonnet dryer I have been dying to get forever! And he bought it! Score 1 for Linzee :)
BTW my dryer (Gold N' Hot Bonnet dryer) is in the mail and I can't wait to see how the roller set turns out from it :) I'm exciting!! Until than...





Life is Beautiful,

LBC

No comments: